A couple of things I loved about moving as a kid:
1) having a growing number of friends from widely different backgrounds
2) getting the advantage of learning a new language in real time, making it your own, in a way you would never get to as an adult. Most of all, you speak and yeah, you make mistakes, but as a kid, you don’t care, you just go for it.
3) the sense of adventure you get when you find out, this is it, we really are moving to Australia or Canada, or wherever.
4) that when you know you’re only living somewhere for a year you make the most of it, whether that means taking your kids out of school for 3 weeks to road trip to Ayers Rock, camping style, or whether it’s living above your means for a couple of months. You tend to explore restaurants and national parks to a greater extent than someone who expects these incredible moments to be available to them for years to come.
5) having several places to call home, despite how torn you may feel between them at times.
Have a great week!